Following are some statistics that should inform how you prioritize fostering employee engagement:
- According to the latest Gallup report, only 36% of employees feel engaged in their workplace
- 51% of employees are disengaged at work, and 13% are actively disengaged (which means they feel miserable enough to spread their negativity).
- Companies with a highly-engaged workforce have 21% higher profitability.
- Companies with a highly-engaged workforce enjoy 17% higher productivity.
- An employee engagement study found that companies lose between $450-$550 billion each year due to disengaged workers, in terms of weakened productivity and increased turnover.
- In one survey, 80% of respondents said that learning and development opportunities help them feel more engaged at work.
Hopefully, these numbers inspire you to increase employee engagement at your company by offering your staff meaningful and personalized learning opportunities through virtual training.
Why Virtual Training?
Differentiated and Personalized
Virtual training is a great solution for companies not only because of the current pandemic and social distancing climate, but because it enables them to offer differentiated training experiences for their employees. Mass training conference models usually take a one-size-fits-all approach that is actually ill-fitting for many participants. The content often seems irrelevant to a large portion of attendees and frankly makes them feel like they wasted their time.
Janne Hietala, chief commercial officer at Valamis, asserts that offline training courses are “not personalized enough” for current and upcoming generations, stating that virtual training software can use AI to “personalize and contextualize” the virtual learning delivered to employees in breakout sessions, using information gleaned about their “experiences, backgrounds, and goals.”
This tactic helps employees feel valued and understood. They recognize their employer’s willingness to invest in them and are therefore more likely to a see a future with the organization and stay engaged and invested in the company’s success.
Up-to-date and Relevant
These days, the whole world is accessible online, as evidenced by the MIT Technology Review’s claim that the average American spends 24 hours a week online. With remote work trending in such an upward trajectory, that number is bound to increase.
Organizations are moving to embrace online strategies (ordering, billing, communications, etc.), so traditional face-to-face training conferences don’t align with current business practice. Employees who think their employers are old fashioned or behind the times are less likely to be engaged and more likely to look for new opportunities.
However, if you offer them a slick, state-of-the-art virtual learning environment from which they garner relevant skills they can clearly tie to their career growth and development, they will more firmly believe in themselves and in you as an employer. Jigsaw Interactive has all the tools you need to promote employee engagement through specialized virtual training. Our virtual training solution cultivates employee engagement, confidence, capability, and retention. When your employees are engaged, they are loyal. When they are loyal, they are productive. When they are productive, you are profitable. And when you are profitable, everyone benefits!