Jigsaw Meeting, LLC d/b/a Jigsaw Interactive (“Jigsaw”, “we,” “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we collect, store, process, transfer, share and otherwise use your personal information. “Personal information” means any information that identifies or can be associated with you.
By accessing, , registering with, or otherwise using our websites, services and applications (including, but not limited to, the Jigsaw platform) (the “Services”), you (“you” or “your”) or your Organization agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we collect through our Services, even if you have not signed up for one of our accounts. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not access, register with, or use the Services. Capitalized terms that are not defined in this Privacy Notice have the meanings given to them in the Jigsaw Terms of Service, which govern your use of the Services. This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and forms a part of the Jigsaw Terms of Service.
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to the use of personal information collected outside of the Services, including personal information:
- we collect offline;
- collected on any third party apps, services or websites, including websites you may access through the Services; or
- you provide to, or that is collected by, any third party data controller.
Those third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information to or through them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their privacy policies or any information you provide to or through them.
Please note that if you choose not to provide us with your information, we may not be able to provide some or all of the Services or respond to your other requests.
- DATA CONTROLLER/DATA PROCESSOR
A “data controller” is a person or organization who alone (or jointly) determines the purposes for which, and the way that, any personal information is, or is likely to be, processed. A “data processor” is a person or organization who processes personal information on behalf of, and at the instruction of, a data controller. Jigsaw is the data controller of certain personal information collected through or otherwise provided to the Services (for example, your contact information that we may use for marketing and account administration purposes) and is the data processor of other such personal information (for example, personal information collected from the end users of the Services).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
3.1. Categories of Information
When you use the Services, the categories of personal information about you that we collect may include:
- your contact information (such as your name and email address)
- your business information (such as the name and address of your Organization)
- other profile information
- any information that may be provided via the chat functionality of the Services
- any information captured via whiteboards in, or otherwise recorded by, the Services
- any information you may provide in connection with our support or helpdesk services
We may collect additional information when you provide it to us directly or when your Organization provides it to us on your behalf.
The table in Attachment 1 further sets forth the categories of information we collect about you when you use the Services and how (for which purpose) we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the information.
3.2. Information You Provide to Us
When you access, register with, or use the Services, or when you otherwise contact us, we may ask you to provide, or you may voluntarily provide, information, including personal information, to provide you with Services or the support you request.
- Account information: An account is required for certain features of the Services. If you register for an account, we may require certain information, such as your first and last name, Organization name, email address, and password.
- Additional Profile Information: You may choose to provide us with certain additional information as part of your account profile.
- Other Information You Provide: You may choose to voluntarily provide additional information to us (for example, by filling out and submitting online and other forms for events, webinars, or whitepapers; responding to surveys; participating in contests, promotions or other marketing activities; providing suggestions or improvements; posting content via our sites or applications; or which you otherwise choose to submit through the Services).
3.3. Information Automatically Collected and Tracked
When you access, register with, or use the Services, they may use technology to automatically collect information, including personal information, about the Services and how you use them.
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. When you access and use the Services, we may collect information about your device (mobile, computer or otherwise) and an internet connection, including the device’s IP address, operating system name and version, and browser name and version.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Behavioral Information. We also may use technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (i.e., behavioral or interest-based tracking).
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Certain pages or sites in the Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Local Shared Objects (LSOs). When we post videos or other media on the Services, third parties may use local shared objects (LSOs), also known as Flash cookies, to store your choices for things like volume control or to further personalize certain features. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not delete Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage setting for Flash cookies, visit www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
We use the information collected automatically to present the Services to you on your device; to determine news, alerts and other products and services that may be of interest to you for marketing purposes; to monitor, support and improve the Services and our business; and to help us develop new products and services. The table in Attachment 2 further sets forth the categories of information we collect about you automatically when you use the Services and how (for which purpose) we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the information.
3.4. Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Services, or obtain information from other sources (including social media networks) and combine that with the information we collect through the Services. Any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. When you use the Services or any content made available through the Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers; analytics companies; your mobile device manufacturer; your mobile service provider; and other third parties. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. This information varies and is controlled by those third party services or as authorized by you via your privacy settings with those services.
- Marketing Service Providers/Business Partners. We may also receive information collected by our marketing service providers on our behalf, including marketing lead generation service providers, marketing opt-in lists or other data aggregators, as well as information shared with us through referrals by our business partners.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, identity or account verification information, or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with the information we have about you.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We generally rely on the following three main bases to process your personal information:
- to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, including the Jigsaw Terms of Service, this Privacy Notice, and other agreements and policies;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, where your rights and interests do not override those interests; or
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Sometimes, we may rely on other legal bases to process your information, such as where you have given us consent to use your personal information in certain ways or to protect a user’s vital interest. We also may process your personal information relying on more than one legal basis, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your personal information.
As noted above, the table in Attachment 1 provides further details on the categories of information we collect about you when you use the Services, how (for which purpose) we use that information, and the legal basis we rely on to process that information. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal basis upon which we are relying to process your personal information where more than one ground has been set forth below.
4.2. Provide Our Services
We use your information to provide or facilitate:
- Access to, and use and support of, the Services
- Customer service and support
- Updates, security alerts, and account notifications
- Other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
We process your personal information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you. We also process this information given our legitimate interest in providing the Services in an effective manner.
4.3. Understand and Improve Our Services
We use your information to analyze, operate, protect, improve, and customize the Services and user experience, such as by performing data analytics and studying how the Services are used. We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the Services, understanding how our Services are being used, and developing and growing our business.
4.4. Administer and Protect the Services
We use your information to:
- Prevent, detect, investigate, and mitigate fraud, security incidents, abuse, or other potentially harmful or illegal activities
- Maintain the network and information security to protect information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorized access
- Perform troubleshooting, testing, and system maintenance
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Verify your identity
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required
We process your personal information where it is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We also process this information given our legitimate interest in providing administrative and information technology services, ensuring network and information security, and complying with applicable laws and regulations.
4.5. Legal and Safety
We use your information to:
- Prevent, detect, investigate, and mitigate fraud, security incidents, abuse, or other potentially harmful or illegal activities
- Comply with our legal obligations, including managing legal and regulatory requests and requirements
- Enforce or defend our rights under our Terms of Service, this Privacy Notice, and other agreements and policies
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties
We process your personal information where it is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to ensure adequate performance of the contract with you. We also process this information given our legitimate interest in protecting our Services, preventing harm or illegal activities, enforcing or defending our legal rights, and complying with applicable laws and regulations.
4.6. Provide and Improve Our Marketing
We use your information to:
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think may be of interest to you
- Personalize, measure, and improve our marketing and advertising
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Jigsaw or its third-party partners
- Analyze, operate, protect, improve, and customize the Services and user experience, such as by performing data analytics and studying how the Services are used
We will process your personal information given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest, informing our marketing strategies, and developing and growing our business. Generally, and unless you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), we do not rely on your consent as a basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. Where we collect your personal information with consent, you may withdraw your consent for us to use your information at any time by unsubscribing, managing your preferences through your account, or contacting us (See “Your Choices About our Marketing Activities” below).
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only share personal information collected through the Services as follows:
- With your consent
- With contractors, service providers, and business partners. This may include marketing providers, cloud storage providers, attorneys, accountants, data analytics providers, and strategic partners.
- With our corporate family of companies that are related by common ownership or control, to enable us to provide (or support us in providing) the Services
- With a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Jigsaw’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Jigsaw about the Services and users are among the assets transferred
- For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Terms of Service, and for billing and collection
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of, our customers or others
- We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR MARKETING ACTIVITIES
6.1. Marketing Communications for Non-EEA Residents
From time to time, you may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and, in each case (unless you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA)), you have not opted out of receiving such communications. If you are a resident of the EEA, you will not receive such communications from us unless you have specifically opted in to receive them, as described further in Section 6.4 (EEA Residents). In any case, most such communications we send will be by email. For some communications, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant marketing information to share with you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the contact information set forth below.
6.3. EEA Residents
If you are resident in the EEA, we will only send you marketing messages if you have given us your consent to do so. If you do not want to receive messages from us, you will be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we first collect your contact details or by refusing or withdrawing your consent. You can also change your preferences later by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our messages or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.4. Non-Marketing Messages
Please note that if you do opt out of or do not grant consent to receiving marketing related messages from us, we may still send you non-marketing messages.
6.5. Affiliate Usage
Your personal information may also be shared with any affiliates of Jigsaw, who may also use this information for the same purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
7.1. Interest-Based Advertising
We may participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. If so, we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services to collect information about your use of the Services over time so that they may play or display ads on the Services, on other websites, apps or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We and our third party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
7.2. Online Resources
To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s or Your Online Choices online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use. In addition, some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
Any content you post on the Services may be viewed by other users in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We can, but have no obligation to, monitor your content, and we can remove any content or other information you post for any reason or no reason.
- YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are resident in the European Economic Area (EEA), under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain:
- confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal information;
- information about the categories of personal information we are processing, the purposes for which we process your personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal information; and
- a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal information to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. There may be compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal information, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. You can object to marketing activities for any reason.
If you are resident in France, you also have the right to set guidelines for the retention and communication of your personal information after your death.
If you are concerned about the personal information collected as you use our Services or would like to discuss or exercise rights you may have under this Privacy Notice or applicable law, you may contact us at email@example.com. If we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal information at issue (e.g., personal information collected via the Services), we will respond to your request directly. If we are acting as a processor of your personal information on behalf of a third party data controller, then we will forward your request to the data controller to allow them to respond. If the third party data controller then requests Jigsaw to facilitate your request with respect to any personal information with respect to which we are the processor, we will respond to the third party data controller’s request as quickly as is practicable under the circumstances. You may also contact the third party data controller directly if you have questions about the personal information with respect to which it is the data controller.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected (as described in further detail in Attachments 1 and 2) and if necessary to comply with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. If you no longer want us to use your personal information to provide the Services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account. Please be aware that because we maintain the Services to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this Section, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This Section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children
- How we use the information we collect
- Our practices for disclosing that information
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through the Services
This Section only applies to children under the age of 13 and supplements the other provisions of this Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect from Children
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly
A child may be asked to provide us with the following information to register with or use the Services: the child’s first and last name and the child’s email address. We sometimes require the child to create a member name and password. We may request additional information about your child, but this information (e.g. City, State, Time Zone) is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
We enable registered users to communicate with others on or through the Services through chat, instant messaging, posting on message boards, email and posting to public areas of the Services (“Social Features”). The nature of these features allows children to disclose personal information about themselves. We do not monitor or review this content before it is posted, and we do not control the actions of third parties with whom your child shares his or her information. We encourage parents to educate their children about safe internet use and to monitor their children’s use of social features.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Services and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include those set forth in Section 3.3 (Information Automatically Collected and Tracked) of this Privacy Notice.
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online, as further described in Section 3.4 (Information We Collect from Third Parties) of this Privacy Notice.
For information about our automatic information collection practices, including how you can opt out of certain information collection, see Section 3.3 (Information Automatically Collected and Tracked) of this Privacy Notice.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Services
- track his or her performance in activities engaged in via the Services
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see Section 3.3 (Information Automatically Collected and Tracked)) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests
- Speed up your searches
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this Section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information as set forth in Section 5 (Disclosure of Personal Information), including:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of the Services and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jigsaw, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Services; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your child’s account and visiting his or her account profile page
- Sending us an email at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Operators That Collect or Maintain Information from Children
The following are all operators that may collect or maintain personal information from children through the Services: Jigsaw Meeting LLC, 9205 Raldon Road, Gainesville, GA 30506, 678-208-2282, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or a country that is not regarded as providing the same level of protection for personal information as the laws of your home country. We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide adequate protection for your personal information.
Whenever we transfer the personal information of individuals resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contractual provisions approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in the EEA.
- CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will post the new Privacy Notice on this page with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated and notify you by email to the primary email address and/or phone number specified in your account, or an in-Services alert the first time you use the Services after we make the change. Modifications will be effective as of the date stated on the update, or such other date as communicated in the notice to you.
The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address and/or phone number for you and for periodically visiting this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
- LODGING COMPLAINTS
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Jigsaw before your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. In addition, residents in other jurisdictions may also have similar rights to the above. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise one of these rights, and we will comply with any request to the extent required under applicable law.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com or Jigsaw Interactive, Inc., 9205 Raldon Road, Gainesville, GA 30506, 678-208-2282.